20 Very Obscure, Very Specific Ancient Jobs eg "Nob Thatcher - Also spelled knob thatcher, this delightful occupation may sound like a Medieval insult, but was the term for a wig-maker." https://t.co/iBrkPdUWWK
— Jennifer Ouellette (@JenLucPiquant) February 27, 2018
My name is Mason Porter. I am a Professor in Nordita (Nordic Institute for Theoretical Physics) and am Professor in Complex Systems in the Department of Mathematics at Stockholm University. Previously, I was a Professor in the Department of Mathematics at UCLA. Before that, I was Professor of Nonlinear and Complex Systems in the Mathematical Institute at University of Oxford. I was also a Tutorial Fellow of Somerville College. I am still a Senior Research Fellow of Somerville College.
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Some Very Cool Outdated Words
This is brilliant. (I have heard of some of these before.) We need to bring back some of these words.
No comments:
Post a Comment