Thursday, July 26, 2007

Visa Visa and Traffic Jam

I went to get my VISA today and to get some more immunization shots. (Shots that induce a day's fever provide a great supplement to the jet lag I already have. Oh, I feel wonderful right now...)

The VISA business was thankfully without incident, so I'm all set to get into the UK when I move in two months. I still need to get things settled as far as arranging the shipping of my stuff --- I was going to try referencing George Carlin's "A place for my stuff" by discussing somebody else's shit, but it's just not coming to me at the moment --- but at least some more hurdles are now out of the way. (The last set of shots are ones I need to get 5 months from now, so I don't need any more of those for a while either.)

To push the 80s music reference in the title just a little further, let me mention that I started the day by going to the Hollywood & Highland metro station, so I was lost in tan lotion. (There was a brief traffic jam on the way back home --- my mother gave me a ride home to my apartment --- but the main reason I'm mentioning that in the title is because of the 80s music thing. Not that anybody will get the allusion, but it's not like that's stopped me before. I suppose Lemming and Gazebo have a chance to get this without googling.)

I need to rest. Bye.

No comments: