Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Quick Summary of Oxford

The weather has gotten really nice the past few days, so now when I walk by the Somerville quad to get back to my apartment, I see lots of students hanging out outside. At Caltech, I would expect to see some of them playing frisbee (which is what this type of weather puts me in the mood to do... let's play when I visit in a couple of weeks!), and admittedly I have seen them toss a frisbee on the quad before. The last couple of days, however, I have seen people playing croquet in one of the side lawns of the quad. Somehow this corresponds quite closely to my stereotypical vision of Oxford.

(I actually played croquet a couple of times when I was really young, and I would definitely be up for doing that again--even if I have to use a mallet rather than a local flamingo.)

In other news, there seems to be something rather hornet-like in my apartment at the moment. Sigh... I opened my window in the hope that it will leave, but that could easily backfire.

Anyway, back to work... (Oh, and the rant is still coming.)

No comments: