Sunday, May 25, 2008

Two More Brief Tidbits from Caltech

(1) From the "it's a small world" department comes the following fact: I found out at my reunion that the son of 1970s alum I know (who is heavily involved in the Alumni Association) audited my perturbation methods class last fall. Too bad he came to Oxford and didn't get a true Oxford experience in my course... :)

(2) For what it's worth, the two Peet's I've gone to most frequently (the one on South Beverly Drive in Beverly Hills and, especially, the one on Lake Avenue in Pasadena) are each now open two hours later every day. (I think they open earlier as well, but that wouldn't help me as much.) This change happened quite recently (some time in 2008, and I think possibly as recently as a couple of weeks ago), though of course I'm rarely around to take advantage of it. At least it will be nice for the times I visit.

No comments: