Monday, July 14, 2008

Another vote for iced espresso drinks

Lemming just sent me the following story about trying to order iced espresso drinks. Apparently I'm not the only person who prefers caffeine over ice.

I both appreciate and empathize with the reference to Five Easy Pieces.

I'm definitely with this guy telling this story on his frustration of the barristas refusing to give him an iced espresso out of coffee snobbery. (You can read in his blog entry just how extreme it got in his case.)

I've definitely gotten a few odd looks as a result of ordering iced espresso drinks (I greatly prefer them that way). I've once or twice seen such snobbery (though not at the level that guy did), although it's more common that places that can't do it simply don't have ice machines or ice.

The couple of times that baristas refused on principle, I just voted with my feet and left. (I've had one or two similar experiences with trying to substitute things on menus.) They can have whatever policy they want, and I can take my business where I want.

He was being a dick with what he did with the "tip", however. That's not cool.

No comments: