Saturday, May 05, 2007

Lookin' for some Hot Fuzz, baby, this evening!

I saw Hot Fuzz a couple of weeks ago.

Every time I hear the title, I think of Donna Summer and while there was some great music in the film, none of her stuff made it in. (The use of "Romeo & Juliet" was especially awesome, particularly considering that both Lemming and I got that joke far earlier than the rest of the audience because each of us can recognize that song instantly and most of those people actually needed to hear lyrics.)

Hot Fuzz is by the people who brought us Shaun of the Dead and along with the awesome trailer, that was the big reason I wanted to go see it. The film was in the same vein--except for police action movies rather than zombie flicks. The film was very good, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it great, and I definitely liked Shaun better. Along with the main dudes, actors such as Timothy Dalton ("I'm a slasher... of prices!") did very good jobs. There were also a couple of recognizable names in the film who weren't in the credits---including Steve Coogan, Cate Blanchett, and Peter Jackson.

Anyway, while I don't think I liked the movie as much as Lemming and (Mike)^2 did, I did enjoy it quite a bit. You should definitely be lookin' for some Hot Fuzz, baby, this evening.

No comments: