Friday, January 18, 2008

Baseball pictures from days of yore

I found this link mentioned on Rob Neyer's blog. That site links to a bunch of historical photos from the early 1910s that was posted by the U.S. Library of Congress (library?). This includes a lot of baseball-related ones, which one can apparently find with this search.

I haven't had time to look at the pictures yet, but hopefully I'll get a chance to do that later tonight when I'm not dealing with work emergencies (my plans to see the new movie about Bob Dylan tonight have again been delayed, though I should probably take that as a sign to bother to check if any of the other locals want to go... I need to stop being so apathetic about things like that and go and find out.).

A couple of comments on the first of the links above are quite priceless. They mentioned that the Library of Congress managed to unearth Julio Franco's rookie card and that it was apparently etched in stone. That's just awesome!

No comments: