Friday, January 30, 2009

Running the Numbers

Courtesy Aaron Clauset, here is a link to some very cool art by Chris Jordan. Jordan's display, called Running the Numbers: An American Self-Portrait is meant to make an emotional point by combining art with statistics of our extravagant, wasteful lifestyle. And maybe that will work, but my reaction to the pictures mostly start and end with the fact that they're really pretty. (It helps a lot that I like fractal-like things.) The constitution one is pretty damn funny, by the way.

I suppose I am supposed to have a larger emotional response, but that was never my thing (as both personality tests and, more importantly, people who know me can attest).

Note (2/8/09): I apparently forgot to put a title on this blog post when I originally wrote it. I have now corrected this.

No comments: