Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What happens in Arlington stays in Arlington (Virginia edition)

I just arrived in Arlington, VA for a 'Future of Network Science' workshop, in which part of the US military has used NSF funds to fly a bunch of us in with what I believe is the purpose of getting them up to speed on the state of the art in network science. The next couple of days should be filled with a bunch of interesting big-picture discussions. I am rooming with this guy, and I am wondering if we should do some sort of dueling blogging?

Comforting incident of the day: I just got into my seat in the plane when I see a guy in an LAX uniform with a big roll of duct tape. He headed to the back of the plane and came back several minutes later with a much smaller roll of duct tape...

One other thing: I am staying in the FDIC building.

1 comment:

Lemming said...

You only really had to worry if he was carrying masking tape, or maybe scotch tape (or maybe just scotch?) instead.

Of course, maybe it would have been more comforting if he had been carrying gaffer's tape.