Sunday, September 17, 2006

On this day ten years ago...

On this day ten years ago, Dodger hurler Hideo Nomo pitched a no-hitter in Coors Field.

Before the Humidor, Coors Field was a ridiculous offensive ballpark, so Nomo's performance was remarkable. He was helped considerably, however, by the rainy weather that day.

Nomo's gem was among the most impressive games I've watched, and I have watched multiple perfect games (I even attended one in person!), many more no-hitters, an 18-strikeout performance by Ramon Martinez, etc. (Forget the box scores of all the great games that have occurred since I've been following the game and the ones I've heard on the radio; I'm thinking only of the ones I've actually watched.) The two best were obviously the perfect games that were pitched against us.

No comments: