Monday, September 18, 2006

Weird Al's "White and Nerdy"

Courtesy Ben Williamson, here is the music video for Weird Al Yankovic's new song, which is called "White and Nerdy."

This video hits way too close to home, and it is bloody awesome! (Of course, it is awesome because it hits so close to him.)

I don't know if he's parodying a song (because I don't recognize it if he is), but I fit the bill on several of the things in the video. This includes the following: the flaming Pac-Man in the background of parts of the song, Schrodinger's equation in the background to many other parts, ping pong, Trivial Pursuit, Dungeons & Dragons (notice the dice), chess (to a lesser extent, because I'm not all that good), bowling (to a lesser extent). I think there were several other things as well, but I think I just got nailed by this video.

The comment about "shooting with the guys" with the bowling part of the video is especially key.

5 comments:

Lemming said...

You're smoking something, I've watched the end of the video 3 times now and can't find such a comment. Was it written somewhere on screen?

Mason said...

No, I thought I heard it, but I guess it was a different comment that my mind converted to this one.

I've avoided work too much today, so I'll watch the video again later.

Anonymous said...

I liked the video; I had no idea that the SW Special was going to come out of the brown bag.

The song is parodying Chamillionaire's Ridin'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ESj3RvFqg0
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridin%27#Culture

-Kris

Lemming said...

Original YouTube link for the Weird Al song is down. Oh wells.

Mason said...

Here is the google video link.