Saturday, November 04, 2006

From the Somerville College website

Somerville College is where I'll be a Tutor in Oxford. They have housing for faculty, so the best thing for me will be to reside there at first (and make my life easier rather than trying to find an apartment while oversease). This is known as a "set." I don't know precisely what it has, but we'll see.

I'll write more about the College later (perhaps much later), but I was poking around their website trying to find a Somerville t-shirt and found something I wanted to mention now. (I saw a memorabilia shop in Oxford that sold t-shirts for the individual Colleges, but I was not about to buy one without first having an offer.) Their website advertises their bar (in-house bars are a major component of College life in the Oxbridge system), and I just love the following quote from the description: "Our Bar is also fantastically adorned with murals of the seven ‘deadly sins’." I approve!

I'll just go ahead and buy a regular Oxford t-shirt. That will nicely complement the "Magic Missles Kill People" t-shirt I purchased earlier today.

No comments: