Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Random 10 (starting over edition)

Well, there's this nice laptop-shaped box that arrived in my office today, so it looks like this will be the last random 10 with this computer as my primary computer (and presumably my last one ever on this computer, though I will be keeping it as a back-up). I'll need a ride home to transfer it tomorrow, but that should be easy enough to procure. I'll also need to start over in more unfortunate manners (hence the lousy mood and the major feelings of melancholy and nostalgia), but that's life. Let's see what type of fortune iTunes gives me:

1. The Covering: The Smithereens, "A Girl Like You"
2. The Crossing: Pet Shop Boys, "What Have I Done To Deserve This? (Extended Mix)"
3. The Crown: Bobby Brown, "My Prerogative"
4. The Root: Enya & Clannad, "Robin Hood"
5. The Past: World Party, "Way Down Now"
6. The Future: Dar Williams, "Alleluia"
7. The Questioner: some random Klezmer music (unknown title and artist)
8. The House: Siouxsie & The Banshees, "Hall of Mirrors"
9. The Inside: Camouflage, "Suspiscious Love"
10. The Outcome: Celtic Woman, "The Flower of Magherally"

Here is the key to interpreting the above.

Well, (1) is certainly close to right on the money. (2) is pretty damn appropriate, too. (I should say, though, that the fact that I really like 80s music helps a lot in getting something appropriate for many of these.) I'm not quite sure how to intepret (3), but I don't think it's wholly inappropriate either. (4) makes no sense. I'm not so sure about (5) either. I guess (6) is saying that I'm going to find religion. Not bloody likely. (7) is indicating that I am questioning things using Jewish folk music. Not exactly. I have to say that (8) is just plain harsh. Ouch! I really hope not! (9) isn't so apt at the moment. Maybe I'd have something to say about (10) if I actually knew what the song was about. Unfortunately, I am not as familiar with it as with most of the other songs.

As for song quality, (1) wins hands down.

No comments: