Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Quote of the Day

Well, this was really yesterday's quote of the day, but I was too busy doing numerical simulations of bead chains (damn boundary conditions... though at least I feel less stupid because I found out today it took 6 months for the UCSD people to get the particular boundary condition straight that's been confounding me --- it better take me much less than that amount of time), so I'm presenting it today.

This comes from Electronic Gaming Monthly's review of "Dead or Alive: Xtreme 2" and it wasn't exactly a glowing endorsement, though it amused me: "But once the novelty of a zero-gravity tit simulator wears off---which, for me, was about 30 seconds in---it all gets very unexciting." (Apparently, among the game's numerous problems are its extremely shaky physics.)

On the opposite page is a review of a game of which I had heard that sounds really cool: "Viva PiƱata".

In the same issue, the new Zelda was lauded by multiple reviewers as the best Zelda ever. While I'm obviously going to reserve judgement on that, it makes me want a Wii even more. Sigh. (Of course, I have been getting some work done at night, so I guess this has been good for my productivity. Granted, some of this has been because a certain problem is bugging me, so I'm not sure if even Zelda would be able to counteract this serious a case of OCD. I have a new toy in Civ IV and it couldn't draw me away from the work that was getting under my skin.)

No comments: