Friday, March 02, 2007

Georgia Tech math account: officially dead

As of today (or possibly yesterday, which is the day I was told this would happen), my Georgia Tech math department account is now officially dead. Some people may still try e-mailing me there, but I won't get any of those messages any more. Also, all the nice pictures I had posted there are now no longer posted (and the number of hits on my websites has concomitantly gone down -- of course, the hits I get now have a much higher probability of being academic ones).

Now, I'm going to remove the links to those pages that I have on my Caltech website. I might repost some of this stuff eventually, but I'm not going to bother until after I flee to England.

I did repost the picture of me in the giant flower because I wanted a picture to show up on blogger. (The sudden absence of this picture from my blogger profile is how I realized the axe had officially fallen.)

I moved a couple things over to my Caltech account (such as my introduction to LaTeX, which a lot of people actually use), but because of the very limited space I have (and the fact that I use most of it already), older papers will just have to not be available from my website until I move to Oxford and have more room to post them. Moreover, my 'research' webpage was well-organized when I first wrote it, but it's gained a lot of entropy as I have advised more students, undertaken more projects, and written more papers. It needs to be completely rewritten (and my site needs to be reorganized as well), though because I'm a lame duck at the moment, I'm just going to leave my ITS site as is and start from scratch when I move to Oxford. (I really don't want to spend the time to do this at the moment, so I'll do this as part of setting up the OCD group webpage.)

No comments: