Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Sam and Matt's Wedding: A Review

Here's another post that I should have written about three weeks or so ago.

Anyway, in early March, I went to the wedding of former Techers Matt Reese '01 and Sam Bench '01. (Matt is now officially known as Mr. Bench.)

The wedding was held in a cabin in Estes Park, Colorado; this allowed for a lot of hanging out because most of us were staying in the cabin. Sleep was rather sparse but flicking was plentiful. In fact, that was my favorite part of the weekend, because I really don't get a chance to do traditional flicking very much anymore. The wedding guests included one very close friend of mine (Jit Kee Chin '01) and some people I had not seen in a very loooooong time (such as Selwyn Scharnhorst '00 and Jaideep Singh '00). I volunteered to help do gofer work in the kitchen a couple of times, but Jit Kee knew to keep me away from there, because this likely would have led to a negative contribution. (It's good to have that kind of reputation.)

Stephen Shepherd '00 conducted the wedding, and the neuroscientist in him came out in several of his comments. Anyway, the fact that he presided over the wedding was highly amusing.

A few people also arranged it so that The Ride started playing (though it was stopped after a few bars) right after the vows were exchanged. (I knew it was coming and my heart rate still went up!) The reaction from the audience was a mixture of horrified shock and utter confusion, so it was very easy to tell who went to Tech (not that one couldn't already do that).

Anyway, it was very fun and very tiring, and it was especially nice to hang out with some people I hadn't seen in many years!

No comments: