Monday, April 30, 2007

Start the presses!

My book, Legends of Caltech III: Techer in the Dark (coauthored by Autumn Looijen '99), went off to the presses today. We started this project in May 2003, so it's taken quite a while. (Man, did I work hard on this...)

We'll have our first printed copies in two weeks, and the Caltech bookstore will start selling them a few days after that (either on Thursday 5/17 or Friday 5/18). There is supposed to be a book signing on Saturday 5/19 and there should be some sort of presentation as well. Naturally, Caltech will be having a press release, so it looks like I'm going to get to do my media slut routine again. I'm planning on having a book release party at my place on the night of 5/19 -- I'll keep you posted about that. (I hear one is supposed to have book release parties when one's books come out.) There is also a screenwriter looking at the book right now, and hopefully this will lead to a movie inspired by it. (I'm basically trying to inspire a sequel to Real Genius, though the movie aspect of things is at an extremely preliminary stage.)

Autumn and I are also writing Legends IV. You can submit stories to the above website. That book has an ETA of May 2010 or 2011.

No comments: