Monday, June 11, 2007

Day Watch

On Friday, I saw Day Watch with Katiya and her friend Alex (another ACM grad turkey). This movie is the sequel to Night Watch and (like the first movie) was very good. I am looking forward to seeing the final movie in the trilogy, Dusk Watch (or, as the book version is called, Twilight Watch).

Unlike what happened when I saw Night Watch, my experiencing watching the sequel was a little different. First of all, we went to Hollywood to see it at rhe Arc Light theatre, which is more expensive than usual but worth the extra cost. (We had dinner at Canter's right before the movie.) While having (Mike)^2 and Lemming's body for company with Night Watch (if you never read my first telling of that story, you should follow the link above... it was one of my more amusing posts) was fun and all, I have to say that the proper way to see these movies is with a hot Russian girl next to you. Hence, I watched Day Watch in the proper manner but not Night Watch. That's just the way it is. (Hmmm... I am wondering how Katiya would react to a certain "Snakes on a Plane" trailer that Lemming and I once saw...)

I'm not sure if there is much more I want to add, but there is a car scene that one can see in some of the trailers that is fantastic.

Also, Katiya mentions that both movies are missing several scenes from the Russian version and that there was some severe mistranslation with the subtitles to the point that some meanings were changed (e.g., "my neighbor" instead of "my daughter").

I'm interested in reading the books (well, the English translations thereof, which were all available at Vroman's when we went there yesterday).

No comments: