Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Doctor, doctor (can't you see I'm burnin', burnin')

Today I went back to my 'hood (Beverly Hills) for a teeth-cleaning appointment with my dentist and a doctor's appointment.

I don't have more cavities, which is good. Of course, probability is on my side these days because I have so many fillings that it seems like there are very few virgin teeth my dentist actually has to check. (Yes, I know having a filling doesn't prevent further things from happening, but I don't want to let accuracy get in the way of a good comment.)

I went to the doctor to get some shots that I should have had years ago. I'm going to go back in a month for more (her policy is to not give too many shots at once), and then I need to finish things off in 6 months (which I'll either do in England or when I am visiting). The doctor also did some of the routine physical type of stuff and informed me that I need to be more physically active. Imagine that.

One thing that happened in my visit is that I didn't have my Blue Cross card (and could only figure out after talking to my brother that my coverage was indeed through them) because, oh yeah, I lost that too when I lost my pocket protector. So I paid $ from my checkbook and now I need to contact Blue Cross to get a new card and also see how much of the $ can get reimbursed. Damnit. I forgot that was another thing I needed to replace. When I got home an hour ago, I found an expired driver's license with the same picture as the recently-lost one. Because I don't drive anyway, I'm just going to use that and avoid paying the $20 I'd need to get a replacement. That way, I don't have to take my passport with me all the time.

By the way, I hate getting shots. (I also hate getting shot.)

Finally, I hope at least some of you (Lemming?) recognize the title of the blog entry. I really ought to have included that song as part of my 'Out of Context' mix CD. I used 'Burning for You' but in retrospect, the song in question would have worked even better. Too bad only two of you wanted copies of the CD. Se la vie.

No comments: