Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Today's News: I get to keep the G5 in my office (oh, and some stuff about books)

Today I got the official word that I can take my Macintosh G5 desktop with me to Oxford. The Center for the Physics of Information had bought it for me, so it wasn't obvious a priori that I'd be allowed to take it with me. Anyway, it looks like I'll be able to use it to start my computer cluster and I'll have something immediately available for students of mine to use. That computer is called "Arkham" and its admin is "Cthulhu", so I guess my first computer cluster is going to be the Lovecraft cluster. So I'm thinking that Dunwich, Ipswich, and so on will be the names of the subsequent computers and their admins will be Elder Gods.

Also, one of the books I wanted to read (that I knew was coming out this month) is now out, so I need to head over to a bookstore to buy it. Another one I want is coming out on September 25th, so I'll also pick that one up before I leave. Both are set on Toril, and both are about drow.

No comments: