Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Presentations by 2007 SURF Students

For those of you near Pasadena, my 2007 SURF students will be presenting talks about their research at Caltech on Saturday (10/20). I don't have final versions of their papers yet, so I'll post those in a future blog entry, but I'll provide links to the two sessions in which they're speaking and give the titles of their talks.

The synchronization students are speaking in this session. They are as follows:

Alex Cayco-Gajic, Synchronization in Coupled Phase Oscillators

Sherry Chen, Antiferromagnetic Synchronization in Nanomechanical Oscillators

Matt Grau, Small Systems of Nonlinear Oscillators



The networks students are speaking in this session. They are as follows:

Ye Pei, A Network Theory Study of Roll Call Votes in the United States Congress

Olga Mandelshtam, Growth Models of Online Social Networks



Additionally, at least four of my former SURF students are going to be giving talks on Saturday about work they have done with other people. They are Sean Li, Tom Mainiero, Austin Webb, and Tatjana Wiese.

For people on my side of the pond, I am very actively continuing my work on social networks and I am trying to find local students to work with me on that stuff. I also plan to continue the synchronization stuff, which is a new area for me.

No comments: