Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Starting the day off well

I set my alarm for 8:30 am this morning, so that I could get up, take a bath, get coffee, and go through e-mail in plenty of time for my 10:00 am Examiners meeting. I walked over to the Mathematical Institute and went to the room in which we were having our meeting. I needed to kick out the random old math faculty member who was in there. Nobody showed up for 10 minutes and I finally lost patience, wondering if I had the wrong room or perhaps the wrong day. Yup. (Also note that I went to the MI common room to check the e-mail message quickly, and of course the guy who I kicked out of the other room is now in this one. Maybe he didn't notice me?) The meeting is actually 10:00 am on Thursday in that room. I have a long day ahead of me---with the need to probably skip lunch because of a meeting that somebody really wanted to have today that I was convinced I couldn't schedule at any other time---and it turns out that I didn't need to set my alarm this morning. Bloody Hell! I'm such a champ. (I do stuff like this way too often.) Oy vey.

No comments: