Monday, May 11, 2009

That's creepy.

I was walking back from our networks journal club meeting just over an hour ago, and I noticed as I was crossing the St. Giles graveyard that two people were sunbathing among the tombstones. That's a bit much for me, and I find the constant picnics that the locals have among the tombstones when the weather is nice to be creepy enough as it is. Of course, the latter did lead to one of the most priceless comments that I have ever heard from one of my students when them informed me that she had lost her notes "either in Somerville or in the St. Giles graveyard". Brits are strange.

2 comments:

Justin said...

Maybe graveyards are the only places one can evade the surveillance cameras? ;-)

Mason said...

I'm pretty sure there are CCTV cameras there as well. Besides, within College, one can just figure out where the cameras are and go to a blind spot (not that anybody bothers to do that). I just occasionally smile and wave to the cameras in case someone is watching.