Friday, May 23, 2014

The Science of Failure

One popular thing to study in complex systems these days is the so-called science of success.

One of these days, I hope to have a suitable project within studies of citation networks or other things related to 'success' so that I can use the title "The Science of Failure" for some of my presentations.

Update (6/06/14): As Mikko Kivelä pointed out to me when I first wrote this post, "The Science of Mediocrity" would also be an excellent title of a talk to give in this area.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think "The Science of Mediocrity" describes your work quite well.

Mason said...

Anonymous:

You are of course welcome to your opinion. For comments like that to be worth something, however, you should be willing to do it with your name attached. When you are, please drop me a line. But you have the advantage of me, given that you know my name and I don't know yours. That makes a debate impossible. Until then, I will merely say that I am very proud of my work and not defend it to you further.