Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Real Printer (tm): Condensed Matter Edition

The Condensed Matter Group's spiffy new $2000 printer arrived today. (Actually, this printer may only apply to the first-floor condensed matter people. And people like Jim Eisenstein have printers in their own office anyway.) I haven't actually used it yet, but the one it replaced was an increasingly feisty piece of crap that dates back numerous years and (most recently) would become jammed ("Raspberry!") with any document with double-digit pages and very likely was around when I was a Caltech student. (It's close. It might have been bought right after I lefty, but it's really close.) Sadly, the new printer on the block isn't a color printer, but the derivative of the printer quality with respect to time is really bloody positive so I'll take it! (The old printer was crappy when I got here, but it was on its death throes for weeks.)

One of the professors promised me a couple weeks ago that I could have the dying printer to drop off of Millikan Library. I wonder if he'll keep his promise...

No comments: