Saturday, June 03, 2006

Hoodwinked

This post is a bit belated...

Anyway, I saw the movie Hoodwinked on the airplane on the way back from Copenhagen. Well, I occasionally saw a person standing in the isle who was slurping his lover from there instead of from the comfort of his seat, but I saw the movie when he wasn't blocking my view.

The movie is ok. It was neither great nor horrible, but we didn't have multiple channels in coach on this plane and this was a 10 hour flight and only my first of two flights of the day.

The movie was supposed to be the "true" story of Little Red Riding Hood. It was basically that old fairy tale meets a maniacal bunny + extreme sports. It was occasionally amusing (though nothing special), and Patrick Warburton unsurpisingly did a good job as the wolf. (He was better as The Tick, however. Unfortunately, that show only lasted a few episodes...)

I wouldn't go out of the way to rent this movie, but it does it's job if you're stuck on a long airplane ride and are unable to read on planes (like me). I haven't tried any Gameboys on planes for a while---I couldn't do that either the last time I tried---but it's been a while, so we'll see once my DS arrives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lesleigh just got the DVD from her sister, so we watched it the other night. I pretty much agree with your review, though I did think the squirrel was hilarious (especially after the coffee).

I also found it interesting that the graphics weren't all that much better than some computer games...

Mason said...

In writing this, I forgot about the squirrel. I agree both that the squirrel was extremely funny and that squirrel + coffee was hilarious.

However, the "squirrel" from the Ice Age movies seriously kicks this one's butt. My precioussssssssssss!