Saturday, June 17, 2006

I like my women like I like my [insert noun]:

Tim and I (and occasionally others) have had several discussions over the past several months based on some snappy one-liners from movies (from Airplane, for example) and related comments that one can find on the web (or from Tim himself).

Tim's version that I particular like, because it is both funny and reasonably (though not entirely) accurate for me: "I like my women like my coffee: cold and bitter." One of the related ones we've seen on the web and on t-shirts (how many copies of this did we see at Coachella?) was "I like my women like my coffee: ground up and in the fridge." Maybe this isn't the most politically correct line in the world, but I think it's hilarious!

We were talking about chocolate and bitterness at Buca today (in the lunch in honor of Doug's graduation...we were in Riverside for his commencement today), and I tried to come up with a similar line for chocolate on the spot. It wasn't that great, but then the fun began. We started naming nouns and making a game of it.

"I like my women like my cheese: slightly moldy."

There were myriad other extremely funny ones.

By the way, I highly recommend this game for first dates....


By the way, the commencement ceremony consisted of a few minutes of cheering for Doug and then lots of time playing multi-player games on the DS while waiting for chances to cheer for Doug. When we went inside for air conditioning, we saw three other people with DSes and played some 6-player battle Tetris with them (with some vicious Mario Kart-inspired twists...lightning bolts are evil in this game!). It was really fun and it also showed me something that is bleedingly obvious in retrospect: Having my DS with me is a great way to try new games when other people around have a DS and is also potentially a way to meet some people with common interests. I think if this had occurred to me earlier, I wouldn't have waited for New Super Mario Brothers to come out to buy one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed Doug's graduation... I could have brought my shiny new DS lite, too.

Mason said...

Tim could have brought his DS too... :)

By the way, you should complete the following: "I like my women like my qubits..."