Thursday, June 29, 2006

I'm such a media slut.

It looks like Physical Review Focus is picking up our PRL on nonlinearity management in optics.

I came up with another one of my intriguing signature terms ("Kerr sandwich" in this case) in the blurb we sent them. I may not be much of a scientist, but I am certainly putting the journalism part of my background to good use---my experience with The Tech has actually been extremely useful for my scientific career. Also, I can come up with some damned sexy terminology and analogies sometimes. :) "How well can monkeys rank football teams?" turned me into a media slut, and there's just no going back now... I guess I didn't completely forget my Beverly Hills roots after all.

Hopefully this stuff will make it into some newspapers (and into Physics Today), although what I really want is this exposure to help spur the analogous experiment with Bose-Einstein condensates (as well as a particularly interesting follow-up in optics). It would also be nice if it helped me get a job. :)

No comments: