Thursday, January 11, 2007

Curveball

I was thrown for quite a surprising curveball this evening. (Note that this is technically redundant the way I am using the word "curveball.")

I am back from the Bayou---I'll have some more BayouBlogging later (probably tomorrow)---and I decided I would go to my ping pong class tonight even though I am absolutely exhausted and feeling sick from my flight. I'll be out of town for another week after being in town for the next 10 days, and I didn't want to miss 3 of the first 4 classes this term.

It turns out, however, that the advanced class is meeting Mondays from 7-9 pm this term, despite the fact that the class has met Thursday from 9-11 pm every term since at least fall term of my frosh year (Fall 1994) and I believe several years before then. Technically, it's possible the class met at some other time while I was away from Tech, but I've never seen this class meet at another time and I've taken it 13 times before this term (and it also met at this time every term I was at Tech, so my sample size is 19 and I figured it was the same in the 7 years I was gone because the times before and after were the same---I know, this is not exactly rigorous or even the induction of the sun rising every day, but it's what I have).

Some of the BayouBlogging I have is pretty amusing, but I'm really tired and hungry and don't feel like going through it at the moment.

1 comment:

Zifnab said...

Welcome back. That is indeed a curveball. My experience was also that it was in the 9-11pm time slot, though the number of times I attended that class were rather smaller. (I think it may have been none or once, but I did take the intermediate class several times, which met immediately before.)