Tuesday, January 02, 2007

False Positives

As some of you know, my spam filters have had a couple critical failures with respect to false positives.

In the last 24 or so hours, I have gotten 4 false positives, which is a far more frequent pace than I got before, so I'm wondering if I will need to alert the IMSS folks at Caltech. (I could also set up extra filters, but I've only noticed one pattern so far, and it wouldn't help for the other cases, which are the more important ones.) These four e-mail messages are two PR e-mails from Caltech (and it amuses me that these got flagged), an application letter from a prospective SURF student, and an e-mail from Brian Limketkai '98 sending new contact information. (Obviously, I am extremely annoyed that the last of these showed up as spam, because missing that message would have royally sucked.)

Grrrrrrr....

No comments: