Sunday, August 02, 2009

Washington Post Neologism Contest

Here are some winners from the Washington Post's neologism contest. This website seems to be a bit of a compilation from multiple years. Additionally, some of the lists I've seen have very slightly different definitions for some of the words. The website to which I link is a bit more extensive than some of the other lists I've seen, and that's why I have chosen to use that one. Some of them are dumb but others are quite awesome. Several of them are also "awesome". I especially like the terms for the 21st century at the bottom, which I imagine might have appeared in a source like Wired at some point. (In terms of style, they certainly remind me of the terms I've seen there...)

(Tip of the cap to Nick Jones, who sent me one of the other lists by e-mail.)

No comments: