Friday, October 14, 2005

all text/pics submitted for Legends of Caltech III: Techer in the Dark

Yeah! Autumn and I finally finished submitting the stories for Legends III just now! I'm really tired and will be crashing very soon.

We started the project in May 2003. The original ETA was May 2005 (oops....). The current ETA, which we will likely make, is May 2006 to coincide with Alumni weekend. Eventually, there is supposed to be a round-table discussion/event in Beckman with us and the writers/editors of the original two books, but nothing firm has been set. (We've been told it's going to happen. Our contacts in the Alumni Association have indicated they want to do this.)

We have a bunch of stuff for Vol IV as well (and we will also be writing/editing) that volume, although there will obviously be a reasonable gap between III and IV. (My first estimate is 3 years total in terms of its publication.) Go to legendsofcaltech.com to submit stuff for Volume IV, although Autumn and I will be taking a break between III and IV as well! (That's the other necessary reason for the delay.)

By the way, the title is a reference to a Bjork movie and to the fact that Techers do lots of errrr, "things", in the dark. One title that was considered at some point was, "Legends of Caltech III: The Ride, The Universe, and Everything". Maybe Vol IV will be subtitled "So Long, and Thanks for all the E's"? I'd probably be for that, but we haven't discussed that yet and won't for a while.

I was going to write a blurb on Serenity tonight as well as a discussion of movies that I want to see, but those will have to wait. I also need to take a look at a link Justin sent me to see what I think of it. I might put that here too.

Time to crash!

No comments: