Wednesday, October 26, 2005

"I have not now, nor have I ever been...

... a member of the Boy Scouts of America." To continue quoting Tom Lehrer, "and the American Legion of tomorrow."

I just got back from seeing Good Night, and Good Luck. It's a good film, though not a great film. However, it's an important film, and that was a big reason I wanted to see it.

The whole movie is in black and white, which is the right move in this particular case. There is some original footage as well as some recreations of original monologue. I think the film would have been better if the focus on the newsroom were offset somewhat and there were a couple things that seemed to provide distractions that would have been better either placed elsewhere (or incorporated differently) or not included at all.

Overall, however, it's definitely a good movie. You should take your favorite Commie to see it with you. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and pay for the tickets with cash! -- anonymous.