Friday, July 28, 2006

65th birthday luncheon for my father

This was last Sunday, and I was back home in Beverly Hills for the occasion.

There wasn't really anything noteworthy about the celebration except that there were a lot of old people there. I was at the "kid's table," which consisted of 30-40 year olds (my sister, age 28, was the youngest person at the table) plus one pair of oldsters who crashed the party.

Towards the end, a couple people did whip out their babies ("Let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel."), but we were the youngest ones there for a while.

I was fairly tired after having gotten little sleep the night before, and that had the effect of slightly reducing the number of snarky comments I made during the event (but I still got a few good ones in).

No comments: