Thursday, July 27, 2006

"Kids are like people" (so I hear)

Here is the text of an e-mail I just sent to the editor of Beverly Hills Weekly:



From: Mason A. Porter
To: editor@bhweekly.com
Subject: comment on 'Novel Summer Reads' story



One of the people you interviewed for this article said the following words:

"Kids are like people," she said. "They have a really wide variety of personal tastes and favorite subjects and reading skills."



I find this highly amusing, as I always thought that kids actually were people.

I've heard rumors that adults are like people too, but I suspect that is idle speculation.

-------------------
Mason A. Porter '94




(The article is essentially about some of the popular books people in Beverly Hills are reading this summer. The article isn't anything special per se, but this quote is an absolute gem.)

1 comment:

Mason said...

It certainly did seem to be a slip from "Kids are like adults," which is what the person should have said.

As for scientists being like people, I'll take that as a compliment. :) I could just imagine certain people in this country saying that and adding "only not as moral" or "except that they are amoral."