Saturday, March 18, 2006

Book Banning Nonsense

I saw a blurb about the top 10 banned books of 2005. They include some very familiar titles and authors. For more details and this list and other lists of who has been challenged and/or banned in recent years, see this part of the American Libraries Association website.

Given the current climate, I am wondering when The Mechanical Universe will be joining this list, especially given that David Goodstein also has a book about certain natural resources.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the Captain Underpants series is on the list. Those are some most excellent children's books - my siblings love 'em!

What I'm wondering is when the Bible will get put on that list - it's surely worse than any physics book, with all that hippie commie crap about helping the poor, love thy neighbor, etc. :-D