Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Nonlinear Imagery and other things

Our poster has been declared one of the winners of the 2006 APS Gallery of Nonlinear Images. An associated one-page publication will appear in the journal Chaos later this year. As far as exposure of my work is concerned, this is HUGE. (In 2005, the nonlinear gallery was the most downloaded stuff from this journal, so a lot of people in my community are going to become aware of this work. The poster was on Congress, by the way.)

Last night was the Cornell reception. Afterwards, I went out to dinner with some Cornell people from the recent past (people I know) and present (people I met last night). I would definitely like to hang out more with one of the people I met.

Also, I've been better than usual this conference about being social. I'm still horrible at meeting people, but I've been doing reasonably well at dinners with people I didn't previously know. (I'm actually capable of making charisma checks. I need to roll high, but I am capable of it.)

6 comments:

Linda said...

Congrads.
We both have something to celebrate.
I just did my first presentation (by myself) without freezing. :-)

Linda said...

Nice poster. Do you mind if I make it into a Tshirt?

Mason said...

Go right ahead and turn it into a t-shirt. I don't mind at all.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! An honor indeed!

Hey mason, do you do nonlinear second order differential equations? I just broke a UCB prof with mine.

Mason said...

Yes, I do work with such beasts.

I can't guarantee I'll be able to help you, but maybe I'll be able to say something useful.

Anonymous said...

Excellent. What's a good email to use for you?