Sunday, March 05, 2006

Spring baseball

Spring training games have begun, so I get to look at box scores again!

I ordered MLBaudio for this year, but I haven't gotten it to work yet. (They adjusted things a bit, and I don't have the browser/plug-in combination going yet and I also haven't had time to devote much of an effort to deal with it.) Their online instructions are a couple years out-of-date, they haven't answered my e-mail query to customer service, and both attempts to call customer service have resulted in their hanging up on me before I could even finish describing the problem. I did make a breakthrough this evening when I downloaded some Windows Media thing that goes with Quicktime. I couldn't try it on a live game because none were on, but I connect to something via an archive game. (It sounded like static, which very well could have been there in the first part of the broadcast, as opposed to just getting an error and not being able to connect to anything.) The key will be tomorrow when I try to connect to a live game. If this works, then I won't have to deal with the customer service people.

The other baseball thing going on besides Spring Training games (and my attempt to figure out my sleeper picks for my fantasy team) is the World Baseball Classic, which to be honest I don't have that interesting except for watching specific players. The first couple games were on ESPN Deportes, which I don't get as part of my cable package. Starting at 11pm tonight, they've shown some stuff on ESPN2. I decided I'd keep the games on for a couple innings and have it in the background. This did give me the chance to watch an at-bat by Ichiro, which I always appreciate. I want to watch some games with teams like the Dominican Republic, because then we're practically getting all-star teams. Until the regular season starts, that will provide some nice diversions, although I hope those games don't start at 1am like the present Japan-Korea one.

No comments: