Monday, May 01, 2006

Earlier than expected release of Twilight Princess? (+ "Revolution" -> "Wii")

Amazon.com sent me an e-mail to indicate that The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is going to be released on May 15th. I checked the status of my preorder from EB.com (from last July!), which indicates an expected release to be roughly September 1st. I also looked at Gamespot and did some brief googling, and everything source still lists a Q3 2006 release. I also checked Nintendo's website, and I couldn't find any indication of when the game is coming out. Does anybody know what's going on here? I'll be very pleasantly surprised by a 5/15 release, but I'm skeptical that that's actually going to happen.

Also, the Revolution's official name is apparently going to be "Wii." That's lame. I still plan to buy the system, but I can already see the bevy of "Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!" jokes with which we'll be inflicted.

2 comments:

Zifnab said...

I'd be more worried about weewee jokes, personally. I'll check into the zelda reports.

Zifnab said...

Looks like an Amazon error to me. None of the large news sites have said anything about the release date changed, so i'm guessing Amazon had the old release date in their system (was at one point scheduled for mid may).