Monday, May 15, 2006

What happens in Copenhagen stays in Copenhagen

Later this morning, I'll have to wake up to get picked up to go to the airport for my 10:00 am flight that will get me to Copenhagen (after a brief layover in Atlanta).

The main reason I am going is to attend the 60th birthday conference for one of my collaborators (Predrag Cvitanovic').

A 60-year retrospective of Predrag (to which the conference web page links) can be found here. You'll notice that recent years include two of my April Fools Day pranks (which both had Predrag as the target). This includes the fake recruitment flyer for the program he runs at Georgia Tech and the Pulitzer Prize I awarded him (in fiction!) for his omnipresently-updated book on quantum chaos. (The web version keeps getting updated, and the book has been accepted to be in print for many years now and many actually show up in bookstores one of these years.)

I will be giving a 30 minute talk at this workshop as well as a 1 hour talk for an atomic physics group at Niels Bohr Institute (where the workshop is being held) on 5/17. This is the first day of the conference, which should bode well for actually having time to have some fun.

If anybody has been to Copenhagen and has some advice for where to look around, please let me know.

No comments: