Thursday, May 04, 2006

Is anybody up for some soldering?

I noticed during the last couple days (especially last night) that my computer thought it was on battery power even when it was plugged in. I was wondering what was going on, and then I got my answer while setting up my presentation when I noticed the series of rather large, intimidating sparks spewing out of the cord. That's just a bit of a fire hazard... I assume it can be fixed by soldering, although I figured I should use some of my academic-expense money to get a new cord in the meantime. (Now that I know what was causing it, there's no way I can use that without it being fixed, and I can't just not use my laptop for a little while.)

Anyway, I'm theoretically-minded, so if anybody wants to (or is at least willing to) help out with this, let me know.

1 comment:

Lemming said...

I do this sort of thing all the time, though admittedly half of the time I don't even bust out the soldering iron.

I can make a house call this weekend, or you can bring stizzuffs to me and I'll take care of it.