Friday, October 27, 2006

Cthulhu loves children

Courtesy Justin, check out this license plate.

I'll write more about Oxford later---including my answer to the tongue-in-cheek interview question "How would you change the U.S. constitution?" (This was asked by the department head after other interviewees brought up my work on Congress.) OK, fine. I'll give you this answer now. The direct quote is something along the lines of "Hmmmm... [I briefly ponder the question] I would probably put freedom of speech back into it." (This was done in deadpan, of course. Then the entire room burst into laughter. It's a good thing this interview was not in the U.S.)

Anyway, more in England later. (The location of the double quotation marks on the British keyboard is annoying me... I'm not used to it and I keep making typos.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You.
win.
hard.

Mason said...

Well, everybody laughed hysterically, so it looks like I came out ok with that. The fact that the original question was tongue-in-cheek justified my answer in my mind, although if I truly had time to think about it, I'm not sure I would have still done this.