Saturday, October 14, 2006

Employee of the Month

Last night, Lemming and I saw slacker comedy Employee of the Month. It was very funny with several great one-liners. I recommend it highly.

The film includes several familiar faces (such as the guy who starred as "Pedro" in Napoleon Dynamite, who apparently will also be in the remake of Revenge of the Nerds... it seems like he's getting typecast a bit), although I know few of their names.

The Spaceballs reference was also greatly appreciated... (I also appreciated the line quoted from "Piano Man.")

Here are a couple of the great lines:

"... forgotten just like the drummer from REO Speedwagon."

"...You employees of the month are all the same."



A couple weeks ago, Lemming and I saw Jet Li's Fearless. I enjoyed that movie as well, though it was somewhat heavier than I thought it would be. (I wasn't expecting a comedy or anything, but it was still more serious than what I was expecting.) This is not a criticism, but just a comment about my own thoughts before and after the film.

2 comments:

Lemming said...

Movie: good.

If you've seen the previews, you know what the movie is trying to be: a stupid comedy with a silly, predictable plot and a bit of quality satire mixed in.

That's exactly what the movie is, but the execution is, well, excellent. I don't think I busted a gut, but I laughed the whole time -- a positively enjoyable flick.

Mason said...

When you go, don't forget to wash your balls (after planting the seed of romance, of course).

This is assuming, of course, that Lemming is talking about Employee rather than Fearless.

Anyway, I should go learn more about English "family planning" (not to mention "tutoring"). I might have to brush up on my skills.