Saturday, January 21, 2006

Rings of Fire

I just came back from seeing Walk the Line, and it indeed is as good as advertised. (I really wanted to see Underworld: Evolution, which came out today, but I need to wait because I'm supposed to see it with a friend. However, using the extra slot to see something I should have seen earlier is definitely a very good use of my time.) The acting was excellent, and I enjoyed most of the music. (The most impressive thing to me about the acting here is that the actors actually sang those songs. They did a fantastic job with the singing!) The movie even had a fishing minigame, just like Zelda.

By the way, a couple of interesting versions of Ring of Fire are those by Social Distortion (which is awesome!) and Stan Ridgeway (which is decent). I imagine at least some of you are familiar with Social D's style, so you can probably imagine how that version sounds. For the latter, recall that Stan Ridgeway was the main guy in the band Wall of Voodoo, whose big song was "Mexican Radio".

No comments: