Wednesday, January 11, 2006

WTF: Raul Mondesi going into politics????

According to this article (it's in Spanish, by the way), Raul Mondesi is leaving his baseball career behind (he'd have trouble finding a job anyway, with his recent work) to pursue politics in his native Dominican Republic. My father met him once because he delivered one of his wife's children (several of whom are also named Raul, I believe) and he had the chance to talk to Mondesi a bit. My father's opinion of Mondesi's intelligence level wasn't complimentary, to say the least. I don't remember the exact words, but I get the impression that he found him memorably stupid, as opposed to just stupid.

There isn't any description about the politics, by the way, aside from the fact that that's apparently Mondesi's intent.

No comments: