Thursday, April 20, 2006

Contest: Create your own physics crossword puzzle

APS News is sponsoring a contest: They will provide the proverbial 15 minutes of fame and a "fabulous prize" for a winning crossword puzzle, which must have some sort of physics theme. They specifically do not want any equations in the puzzle. (One can get software to create crossword puzzles here.) Submissions should be e-mailed to editor@aps.org.

Past "fabulous prizes" that I have one from this publication are a 2005 Year of Physics t-shirt (for my winning haiku) and the book Physics in the 20th Century (for my algorithm describing how to find out how Einstein's field equation showed up in the movie The Triplets of Belleville, which is a very good movie that you should all see). It's possible I have flipped which prize went for which thing, but it makes no difference.

The submission deadline is September 1, 2006. I'll try to come up with an interesting submission. :)

No comments: