Thursday, April 06, 2006

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!

I just saw this article, which gives the very, very painful news that Eric Gagne is going to have the same nerve-moving surgery he had last year and that there is no timetable for his return.

OK, so we won't be seeing Nomar for a while, Lofton started the year on the DL, and now we're probably without our closer for most of the year. Son of a bitch!

By the way, Gagne didn't pitch in games two and three of the season because he was serving a two-game suspension (presumably left over from last season; I forget). I hadn't realized this when we were at the game. I guess the Dodgers figured he might as well serve the suspension before they put him on the DL.

Also, two players (Olmedo Saenz and Jeff Kent) left yesterday's game, and Rafael Furcal, James Loney, and a third player (I forget whom) were hobbled by various things and probably were close to being taken out of yesterday's game due to injury.

We had way more than our share of injuries last year, and this year is already becoming ridiculous!

1 comment:

Lanth said...

I hope the Dodgers get volume discounts for hospital stays.