Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Introducing... Tiamat

I have a new resident in my apartment, and her name is Tiamat (though she is technically a five-headed hydra rather than a dragon). I bought her heads today and I narrowly resisted the urge to get five different colors (the power in some of the breadth weapons would have been too low had I done this). I was thisclose to doing it anyway, but I decided on utility (in accord with the reason I bought her) versus coolness. All five heads are white (really, off white with a slight warm tinge) at the moment, so I suggest you cast the appropriate version of fire shield the next time you come here.

3 comments:

Lemming said...

Last I checked, OSH carries the colored lights. You can actually cover the appropriate spectrum, especially if you count a "black light" as black (fair enough, imho).

A warning about those--you actually need to keep the weight fairly balanced on the top of those lamps or else the threads along the shaft will slowly strip themselves.

Mason said...

Office Max actually had several colors (though not the canonical ones that would have been most apt), but I decided that putting 25 watt bulbs in something that can take 60 and was meant to provide more light would defeat the purpose. Of course, for an appropriate one-shot at an appropriate time (or appropriate times), that could be a pretty cool effect.

By the way, please remind me what OSH stands for.

Lemming said...

Orchard Supply Hardware.