Monday, August 20, 2007

Quick Thoughts (I'm Still Standin')

What do you think the plot of the average severity of an injury as a function of the number of syllables in its name looks like qualitatively?

Also, my father (a doctor) is coming by today to look at my eyes. I believe this is to make sure that I didn't suffer a concussion. The police officer mentioned this test to me last night and I realized today that the small talk (asking about one of the books on my shelf and so on) probably had much less to do with his general interest than it did with just seeing if I was alert (i.e., again checking for symptoms of a concussion).

I don't know if I lost consciousness when I was punched. I do know that I can't remember what song was on my iPod at the time. (Though, perhaps ironically, Elton John's "I'm Still Standing" was the next one I was going to pick when I wasn't in the mood to listen to the random selection.)

For what it's worth, the odds weren't good (4-5:1 ... I can't remember if there were 4 or 5 of them). I have nothing to report regarding whether the goods were odd.

P.S. Fists to the head suck! (Mind if I just lie here for a minute?)

P.P.S. Hopefully coming soon: Blog entries that are actually positive in tone.

1 comment:

Lemming said...

Chances are you'll be fine, but it's definitely better to play it safe.

I know what you mean re: checking out your senses with smalltalk. Stumping me with, "So, how old were you again?" was what set off alarms when I saw my doctor after busting up my head in the coffeehouse.