Friday, August 24, 2007

What happens at PAX stays at PAX

I am going to PAX this weekend. And if you need more proof of the veracity (or maybe not) of the title of this blog entry, be forwarned that I am rooming with Lemming. This weekend is supposed to contain our first conjugal visit between what we like to call our "laptops". (I've been promising to give Lemming copies of some of my "music" for at least a couple of years.)

Anyway, we're going to be in Seattle, and it's going to be awesome! Late August to September is the optimal time (with respect to weather) to visit Seattle. I am also hoping to get together with 2 of my friends: Kin Chan (Caltech, class of 1998) and Corrie Vaa (who I met at a nonlinear dynamics conference in January 02 but haven't seen since; sometimes you just get along really well with someone from the beginning).

As was discussed in previous blog entries by Lemming (which I don't feel like looking up because I really ought to have gone to bed a while ago...), both of us have specific nerdware plans for this weekend's clothing. I am trying to decide between starting off with 'Windows for Solitaire' versus 'Flirt harder. I'm a physicist.' I'm currently leaning towards the latter, if for no other reason than the fact that I'll likely look less disheveled on Friday than I will the remainder of the weekend.

I will try to do some blogging from the convention (my first con in 3 years!), but we'll see how that goes.

No comments: